- This event has passed.
Get Your Set together: Tools for a Successful Journey With Daniel Shankin
July 31 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
One of our members is presenting a talk on mindfulness, set, and setting for the wonderful community at OneSalon.
This is a free event
As soon as one begins to research how to prepare for a safe and successful psychedelic journey, they inevitably come across the mantra, ‘set and setting, set and setting’.
Setting refers to the space in which your trip takes place, and the importance of constructing that consciously. Noise level, company, decor, etc, all play into creating a harmonious setting. It’s fairly cut and dry.
Set (Mind Set) is more subtle, and requires a bit more sensitivity to navigate. It asks us to take an honest look at ourselves, do some inner work, and learn how to manage our minds and emotions a bit. If we don’t have practice with this sort of thing it can seem a little daunting.
Join us for a casual and somewhat humourous discussion of the mental twists that trip us all out sometimes. We’ll also practice a few simple yet profound tools to promote states of mental ease and stability in the most intense circumstances, psychedelic or otherwise. Note: While this talk is oriented towards psychedelic exploration, the information contained works for anyone seeking to cultivate more internal awareness and contentment.
After a profound and intense awakening experience in 1998, Daniel dove deep into his yoga and meditation practice to stabilize his realization in his body and the world. He began teaching in 2002, and took over leadership of his neighborhood yoga studio in 2004. He’s directed several teacher training programs and taught on the faculty of even more.
Daniel ‘Sitaram Das’ Shankin has dedicated his life to the cultivation of clarity, resilience, and heart. With the recognition that our true nature is vast and generous, wise, he strives to serve his clients in finding their own innate goodness and boundless strength. He currently offers leadership coaching with a heavy emphasis on mindfulness and somatics, and runs Mt. Tam Psychedelic Integration, an organization that supports individuals doing psychedelic exporation for healing and spiritual growth in Marin County.
–Please Read Full Description—
One Salon is a social, cultural, and intellectual community that meets weekly to help folks learn something new, meet awesome, new people who are open-minded and curious, and most importantly, have engaging and authentic conversations.
Mingling begins at 7:00pm, and doors LOCK after 7:30 PM.
Activities & Improv games begin at 7:30PM
1. Friends are more than welcome, but we ask that you attend at least one Salon before inviting friends.
2. Do you get HANGRY easily? Bring a snack for yourself and to share! We usually get tacos across the street afterwards, but Salon does take place during dinner-time!
Who are the people of Salon?
>> People who are, or are hoping to become:
– Curious — Saloners are hungry to learn more about themselves and the world. They ask questions and approach things with a beginner’s mindset.
– Open-minded — Saloners approach life as good fun, with a love of experiencing and creating novelty. They are receptive to unorthodox ideas and opposing points of view.
– Growth-oriented — Saloners are willing to work to put their newfound knowledge to use, and have an active role in educating and inspiring those around them.
– Empathetic — Saloners are genuinely interested in understanding and connecting with other people: generous listeners, thoughtful question-askers, inclusive participators.
– Generous — Saloners are excited to share knowledge and to help others in the community grow.
Find other Salons around the world at www.onesalon.org